Thursday, February 25, 2010

yearning...for something I remember...

just remember in the springtime far beneath the chilling snow...
"The fact that I am always searching for God,
always struggling to discover the fullness of love,
always yearning for the complete truth,
tells me that I have already
been given a taste of God, Love and of the Truth.
I can only look for something that I have
to some degree, already found.

How can I search for beauty and truth unless that beauty and truth are already known to me in the depth of my heart?

It seems that all of us human beings have deep inner memories
of the paradise that we have lost.
Mayber the word "innocence" is better than the word "paradise".

We are innocent before we started feeling guilty;
 we were in the light before we entered the darkness;
we were at home before we started to search for home.

Deep in the recesses of our minds and hearts
there lies hidden the treasure we seek.
We know its preciousness, and we know that it holds the gift we most desire:
a life stronger than death."

                                                    Life of the Beloved
                                                        Henri J.M. Nouwen

No comments: