Sunday, April 11, 2010

sunday afternoon

DSC_0135
such pleasant words
such pleasant activies...

home from church
cooking brunch

skyping d & v
[who look radiant after an afternoon walk at the monastery
i hope we get to go there while we visit...]

making coffee to go for my brother who heads home after our week together...
DSC_0098
[a wonderful, whirlwind week of errands, and honey-dos getting done...and visiting...meeting the baby
DSC_0039DSC_0872
i love our time together
he's one of my favorite people to just hang out with...
it is just so comfortable with him...
i will miss him]

slipping into comfy pants and pulling on a sweater
and making myself some coffee
and sitting
and sipping
and writing

a sunday afternoon

next sunday i will be boarding a plane to Germany
to spend six weeks with our son and his wife
and their new baby...

I can't even imagine it being real...
we've been planning...for what seems so long
but really it's only been a few months...

shopping and packing
and now it's almost here?!?
almost...anytime now...baby time

my women's group had a baby shower for 'us'
the other night
for the grandparents to be...and the baby...
how lovely it was to be remembered and celebrated like that?!?!

and even with that it still doesn't seem real
we will be grandparents...
our baby is having a baby...
they are starting their own family!

and I feel so honored to be invited and included in these first precious baby bonding days...
oh my
baby days

my favorite
DSC_0095
i will miss home tho
my hubby
who won't be joining us till after his semester
DSC_0129
my tebs

our wednesday afternnoon mother daughter time...
[she'll come over...at the end of May... tho]

this next week will go by far too quickly
melanie and vincent will be home...
for Caroline's First Communion!

and then we'll be there
and then that time will go by far too quickly...

time seems to pass much too swiftly

just be in the moment

here
and
now
as I have always tried to be
DSC_0104
a sunday afternoon

No comments: