Wednesday, September 8, 2010

kicked off under the porch swing

DSC_0717
so
one week ago
I bought myself a pair of birks...
my three sons wear them
...live in them
one of them walked across Spain in them
and the other down Italy!

I needed a new comfy pair of shoes to slip on
so I thought I would finally invest in a pair
I didn't even wear them around the specialty store
I went to to buy them
he just fitted me
and I wore them out of the shop
and instantly regretted it?!?!?
oh the pain!
I just knew this was the most expensive mistake
I'd made in a long time
and even though I only wore them a few steps...
there I was outdoors wearing them
so I knew I couldn't return them?!?!?

I picked up my daughter for lunch
and wore them from the car into restaurant
and had a blister
by the time we sat down to eat!?!?
She encouraged me
and said you have to wear them in...
and when my son came in for the labour day weekend
he told me the same

soooo
I have been persevering....
wearing them a little
here and there
and behold
yesterday
I wore them on a trip to the grocery store!!!
and I think...I do believe....I might just like them after all
ahhh

1 comment:

emily said...

You definitely have to wear them in but it doesn't take long - I wore the same pair for 9 years and just got replacements last summer :)

(I think my feet actually changed shape while pregnant, so my once-perfect birks no longer fit my foot correctly!)