Monday, November 22, 2010

I love my little Morgan Town...

walking home
in 66 sunny degrees
this glorious week of Thanksgiving

the light cardigan I wore to work
draped over my bag
which carries my dad and step mom's Christmas gift

towards the sound of the marching band practicing

eating the most delicious ice cram flavor
I've had in a long time
a Cold Stone 'like it' vanilla bean in a waffle cone

after a productive day of removing the last vestage of autumn in the store
the taking down of the Thanksgiving window
and replacing it with a silver glittery frosty winter collection

and now watching the big tree across the street
get it's final Christmas light adjustment
from our front porch swing
where I sat this morning and had my coffee
with Vanessa as she swayed and swung Santino...

the far away family and my brother are here
and more family will begin to arrive tomorrow

it'll be a busy week
a plethora of activity
cooking
eating
talking
visiting....

and then lots more family over the weekend...

could life possibly be any sweeter...

No comments: