Sunday, October 1, 2023

a four hour lunch
next to the river
outside
until thunder
and downpours came
then we continued vanilla cappuccinos inside
until safe to flee to our cars
how I'd love to do the same today

instead
leftovers of yesterday's sandwich
on the deck
alone
in the sun

finished addressing this morning
and would love to stay home and tie it all together
but at least by the weekend
they can be delivered
whew
one more thing done


when I got into work this afternoon 
there was a bird in the front window
who had somehow gotten in 
and had been locked in the shop all night
when I found him he was clinging to the carpet
wings open
pretty banged up
he allowed me to scoop him up in my little hands
and carry him to safety
I took him up the alley and around the corner 
and let him go there 
where there was grass and shrubs and places to hide
because I was certain he was surely somehow wounded
I opened my hand
and he turned and looked at me
but he just sat there clutching my finger for awhile
then he opened his wings and flew away
he was okay
goloo galay!!!

the first time I ever held a bird
so soft
so light



No comments: