Tuesday, October 1, 2013

'my vocation is love' St. Therese of Lisieux

DSC_0683
through the dark of morning
under the remnant of a sliver of moon held
in a clear blue jean shirt sky
entering where the dawn breaks upon us

an imperceptible new glimmer
seen in the familiar darkness
the all too many words
that I'm so waiting to cease
mix with the tears that fall freely
the tears that cause the beams to shine
like the incense that gives vision to rising prayers
as sun and dew fall upon us
1185010_615309978521607_275548605_nphoto credit 
                                                                                                                                                                       Pauline Lanciotti
colors return from where they disappear each night
the reliquary is what glimmers
causing me to remember
today is the day
'the little flower'
forgotten to me this far into the morning's prayer
and me so astute
thick and dense as the fog out the window

light shines
all I have
is given
all
is given

'through your goodness we have...'

what I need
...what I need
who I am
is given

I know more and more
that I know nothing
forgetting what is essential
unable to know a second ahead
and not even remaining in the present moment
in fog

I know not what to ask for
to pray for
to think on
yet I pray
His Spirit moves
His prayer prays within me

and I only open and receive
all that is given
all that I need

all that I am
thanks You

"Jesus Christ, Lord of all things, you see my heart, you know my desire
possess alone all that I am."
    St. Agatha

No comments: