Wednesday, October 2, 2013

presence
when my mind begins to talk
to wander places with explanations, frustrations, questions
I am lost
going to the past
going to the future
but being present
in what is
the truth
holds me

holds me
and alone hears the cry of my heart
catches the tears of my eyes
holds the only answer to my questions
He alone is who I trust

not myself
what I want
what I think

I look to Him alone
beyond
behind
through it all to see only Him

not my continual failings
not my incessant questions
not my cries for answers
just Him

and in letting it go
it goes
in clinging to Him
I feel His presence
I find the grace I need
I find my way

He is gentle
He is kind
He is present
even in His fallen creation
He has been there
He has been here
He is here
He is very near
He is glorified and I will sing of His glory










No comments: