Saturday, April 12, 2014


once long ago
this was the view daily
this ridge every sunrise
every end of day
DSC_0770
this morning
up
before the dawn
driving through the dark of fog
above the morning's mist
at my feet as if ocean
waves of fog crest and break over hollows
roll through ravines
Untitled
I wait
for the orange ball of morning
to appear above the altar
of the dark line rim of valley
I wait
for what seems an incredible amount of time
go home I tell myself
stop dreaming
its not going to come
it is going to just 'get light'
Untitled
the only thing that changes in the vast sky before me
is the taunting lines of jets
shuttling red eyes back and forth across the sea
the sea that separates me from my far aways
where the sun has already been shining for hours in this day

I wait
I want
I want to see the morning
to witness the circle of blaze that brings this day
Untitled
lying prostrate on the sidewalk
resigned to be content
captivated by the jeweled grass
bedecked with dew
it comes
Untitled
Untitled
it comes
the morning
gleaming
glistening for a moment
glowing
Untitled
and to accompanying the break of this new day
the bells peal astoundingly close
singing to the rising sun
to the sun
shining
upon me
where I lay
Untitled
and I remember a year ago
the beach
the last time I stood before it
when I awoke my birthday morning
watching waiting and believing
the bright presence of morning would come
Untitled
and for the briefest moment
Untitled
all is golden
there is beauty
perfection
light
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
and then
descending
back down again
grey fog
still
surrounding
Untitled
all flesh is grass
and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field
the grass withers the flower fades
because the breath of the Lord blows upon it
surely the people are grass
the grass withers the flower fades
but the word of our God stands forever
              Isaiah 40:7-8
Untitled









1 comment:

S. Etole said...

So glad you decided to wait and share this beauty with us.