Wednesday, May 7, 2014

what remains

Untitled
I had a friend
the last time I saw her she wore a yellow rain slicker
but I do not think of her every time it rains

I think of her as twilight comes at the end of everyday
and have now for almost forty years
she said once
and only that once

"let's watch the colours disappear"

and every evening
there might not be a sunset
it might be raining
it may be 3:30 in the afternoon
or it may be after nine at night
but every day at it's end the colours disappear

and I think of her then

its funny the words that remain
I didn't commit them to memory
they just come to me
rest on me
make me aware
make me remember
that evening on the floor
forty years ago
drinking tea

I know other words also rest on me
words not of beauty and memory
but recent words remembered repeated
words of rejection
"you might be good...but not good enough"
Untitled
I wonder whose and what other words
remain in me
affecting me
how I see
how I live
and how I love

you are my beloved...in you...I am well pleased...

and these three remain...faith hope and love
ant the greatest of these is love





No comments: