Tuesday, March 2, 2010

on February 12, 2005

DSC_0090
I've been thinking of a woman I once knew
we were neighbors for a very short time

but I would have given my life for her

and cried myself to sleep many nights that winter
doing the bargaining and pleading thing with God

"Lord, take me
my babies are grown..."

She had three little children
and  a brain tumor
and died when they were just this little

and I've been thinking of her
them
alot lately
It was this time of year five years ago...

girl scout cookie time

We bought girl scout cookies at our door from her eldest daughter...
then sat across from her at the funeral

her baby would be five now...
without the slightest recollection of his mom

and yet I a stranger
remember
somehow till this day
it still seems unfair
to me

Lord God

No comments: