Thursday, March 4, 2010

only this I want...

DSC_0215
"but to know the Lord..."

We sang that hymn on Sunday
and it echoed around in my head yesterday

with all my wanting...
and then suddenly I found myself wanting...
only this...
to know the Lord

and then my Henri Nouwen reflection this morning was
Joy is not the same as happiness.
We can be unhappy about many things,
but joy can still be there
because it comes from the knowledge of...
God's love for us.

I definitely had to allow myself to feel all that I felt yesterday...
all that I wanted...
all that I will miss
but in feeling all of it...

today I feel so much less desperate

and can feel the the real joy again

we are loved...
with the love of God
I am loved
and I love with the love of God

"all will be well"...as scott says
and
"it's all good"...as anne marie says
Video call snapshot 9

No comments: