Thursday, April 8, 2010

the season of new life

This week got away from me...
[it is Thursday...already?!?!?]
Easter Sunday has come and gone
breathtaking
it was beautiful and glorious!

and that work that Jesus accomplished on that Good Friday
of thousands of years ago

has transformed these ordinary
busy days
into days of new life
days of great expectation...

I don't think I have ever felt it in a more tangible way than this year
with the expectation and anticipation of our first grandbaby
due in eleven days!

all the food and celebrations are done and gone
the spinach pie, the meat pie, the strawberry pie...
DSC_0552
all the celebrations and visits of last weekend...
the days of preparation and then of cleaning up?!??!
are done
replaced with preparing
for next weekend
the trip...
to be with the new parents and their new baby

all our people have come and gone
mostly...
pink shoes
I have one lingering visitor
the unexpected visit from my one and only brother
who is my faithful companion now on all my errands
helping me get thru this week
of things I need and want to get done
before I leave for six weeks?!??!
for the grandbaby

he used to actually live in Germany before they divorced...
and I think it gives him some pleasure
remembering back to his own newlywed days...there
when his nephew (and niece!)
came to visit them
and now his nephew is the one living there...
being a newlywed!
pink tree and coffee

under the tree

fallen petals
things change
and with God's grace are transformed and redeemed

I look out my window
and the beauty of the glorious pink tree
now lays all over the sidewalk

It was the prettiest blooming season
I have ever experienced
no frost
not even a rain
to ruin the gorgeous petals

and still it's time has come to an end

beginnings~ends
life~new life

the season of new life

No comments: