Thursday, April 15, 2010

sentimental ladies...how her girls' births have marked my life...

in 1999 my sister in law had her first child, a daughter
my husband happened to be in NYC on business
and got to visit their new little family!
and the day he got home
we celebrated the 25th anniversary of our 'first date'
first date red jacket

in 2002 her second daughter was born
a day of new life
yet a day of great pain
it was the day we discovered the scars
of our only daughter...
I guess in a way the day her life was forced to begin a new

last year, eight months ago...yesterday!
August 14, 2009
their fifth child, their third daughter was born
I spent a week 'helping' with the family
then could hardly wait to scurry home...
because our eldest son who had been away for the summer
on Pilgrimage...el camino de Santiago decompestella...
was coming HOME...

and oh the changes that our life has seen since then!
marriage...and a daughter-in-law...a grandbaby...

and now travel to distant lands for long periods of time without my hubby...

last night as we snuggled on the couch my hon said
"you smell like vacation"
I thought can you actually smell it?!?
and then I realized...
I've begun to wear sunscreen!?!?!
which I used to only have to wear on the beach
ahh the beach
our picnic
today I picked him up from his office
and we had a picnic
a little together time before I leave...
wednesday afternoon


hers
our girl wants to buy a house!
she's been saving and has the money...

she spends hours upon hours looking at "local listings"

the house she came home to when she was born
is on the market...
all newly done, kitchen, bath, floors...

and since she too got the sentimental gene/curse...
she called her dad the other night
to talk about it...

my first thought was, if she does
I won't be here...
but with her confidence and her dad's guidance
I knew she'd be just fine

yesterday, though...while we were sitting in the sun
having our last leisurely lunch
she told me she had come to her senses!??!

that she has no business buying a house yet...
especially a house she doesn't even remember...

oh good...I won't miss the biggest investment of her young life!

after lunch I went and visited the babies before I leave...
they will change so much in six weeks

ugh...and what about the baby who isn't even here yet
oh how much he will change once I leave him!?!?
I can't even think of it...
but maybe they will be coming here
to live........maybe............
DSC_0301
DSC_0303
DSC_0284
DSC_0315
but what I really want to know is...
how do these immaculate white blossoms start out PINK?!?!
DSC_0281
DSC_0272