Monday, October 4, 2010

one headline changes everything...

SCAN0051
Today is the feast of St. Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace
where there is hatred, let me sow love
where there is injury, pardon
where there is doubt, faith
where there is depair, hope
where there is darkness light
where there is sadness, joy

Oh Divine Master
grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved as to love

For it is in giving that we receive
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
and in dying that we are born to eternal life...

I sit down to do today's post
searching thru my past posts
for what I wrote for St. Francis' feast day a year ago...
and from the other room my husband reads to me
the headline from the front page

Travel Alert
....Sunday, WASHINGTON_Americans warned of potential threats in Europe
and urged to be vigilant
in public places, tourist spots and transportation hubs

This travel alert is one step below a formal travel warning
advising Americans not to visit Europe

...and we have children presently living in Europe

my heart flies to worry

but what can I do?
what can they even do?

...I pray
and trust in the Lord's protection

as I do everyday

May God bless and keep them...
           Numbers 6:24

and Lord, today
continue to watch over these that I love

as you have everyday since You created them
for Your purpose
and glory

Keep and protect them today
and everyday until they return
safely home

be extra vigilant with my little loved ones
doubly watch over them
and keep them safe from any evil
that would come against them
          Thank You, Father, God
              amen ali

1 comment:

bernie said...

I thought of you and your far-away "little loved ones" as soon as I heard that news on the radio. You can do nothing but trust in God's protection for them while you hold them close in prayer.