Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sanctify Christ the Lord in your heart...
           1 Peter 3:15

one small thing...
I can do that
make holy
the Lord
in my inner most place
a place 'the noise and the haste' of this world
cannot enter into

my heart
within me
a place I can control

or at least allow the Holy Spirit within me
Christ within me to control

surely that one little place can be holy
surely He can be holy there
if not everywhere in my life?!?!?

a perfect little holy Christ place
my heart

yet is not the heart the storehouse
for all I value
my marriage
my children
my family
my home

the place my life flows out of
DSC_0527.JPG
perhaps
the sanctifying of Christ in my heart
my inner little invisible heart
allows all those other places
to be sanctified too

Christ in my heart...holy
...and in this perfect late spring almost June morning
in sun
and breeze
in the billowing curtains of the porch
where I sway
in the swing

Christ in my heart...holy
...and in the sweet sweet fragrance of the tree in bloom in front of our house
DSC_0516.JPG
Christ in my heart...holy
...and in the little sidewalk garden
with peonies and roses and iris and lavender in bloom

...and in this long weekend
...and in the family we will see
...and in my hubby upstairs preparing for class this week
...and in the baby and his mom in their morning play routine
DSC_0524.JPG

...and in the boys search for an apartment in the burgh
...and in coco and and andy and  their wedding prep
...and in all marriages
...and in all family
...and in all work
...and in all play
...and in each and every holy day

...in the crazy
...in the lonely
...in the sad
...in the scary
...in the long suffering
...in the pain

sanctified and holy
Christ in my heart...

No comments: