Sunday, October 1, 2023

such peace



Be anxious for nothing
but in everything 
by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known to God
and the peace of God
which surpasses all understanding
will guard your hearts 
and minds through Christ Jesus

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true
whatever things are noble
whatever things are just
whatever things are pure
whatever things are lovely
whatever things are of good report
if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy
meditate on these things

The things which you learned 
and received 
and heard 
and saw in me
these do, and the God of peace will be with you
        philippians 4:6-8

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word
and My Father will love him
and We will come to him
and make Our home with him
He who does not love Me does not keep My words
and the word which you hear 
is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit
whom the Father will send in My name
He will teach you all things
and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you

Peace I leave with you
My peace I give to you
not as the world gives do I give to you
Let not your heart be troubled
neither let it be afraid

You have heard Me say to you
‘I am going away 
and coming back to you.’ 
If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said
‘I am going to the Father,’ 
for My Father is greater than I
         John 14: 23-28

to write
to read
and then to mass
and really

peace

where did this come from
and why did it not come until now
is it so I would recognize it

I know where I have been for months
anxious afraid
I know where I am today
in this moment
somewhere I have longed to be
seeking, aching longing even in my sleep

and all the words
and all the actions leading here
to be humbled
and now
to be here
to be able to rest and receive
to be in awe
to be wooed
to be in love
over and over and over and over and over again

and exceedingly
abundantly
above
and beyond all that I could ever have dreamed or even imagined
or even hoped or dared

my mother an answer to the holiest woman I know's prayers...

whoda thought


















No comments: