Tuesday, October 29, 2013

yesterday's gone...today I'm in need

Untitled
Holy Ghost power
breath on me

one days it's scaling mountain formations
and breathing in all the cool crispness to be seen

or climbing tall orange ladders and reaching to the ceiling
hanging the snow
that glistens within

and some days
you're so far behind and under and small
the tears just fall
into your ears onto your pillow
at the counter making coffee

I am jealous
...I am afraid
I am not the one asked to write articles for publication
I am not the voice of inspiration and salvation
I am not enough to even fulfill my meager obligations
I am sent away
inconvenient
I must cancel...

I again am little
I am not enough
alone
again that original state

at the sink doing last night's left over dishes
the water runs slick and clear
streaking the lid as I stand it in the drainer
and the sun
shines
through shadows

and there seen
right on the wall before my own wet face
is beauty

and I remember the words
read at the dawn of the morning

and I know too
I am seen

I am beautiful

in this spinning world
where I am so small
I have a place
I have a part

however small
in God's precious loving heart


"Not everyone can be everything
Often we expect one member of the body to fulfill a task that belongs to others
But the hand cannot be asked to see nor the eye to hear

Together we are Christ's body
each of us with a part to play in the whole
Let's be grateful for our limited but real part in the body"
            H.J.M. Nouwen

















No comments: