Saturday, November 2, 2013

Untitled
morning talk
on the sofa with the hon
and suddenly I'm in the street in my robe
chasing light
he laughs
he's seen this before
Untitled
but I'm sure the poor parents dropping off their kids
around the block at the high school
wonder at the sight
in my robe in the middle of the street camera to my cheek
Untitled
maybe I caused them to forget the talk of the delays
the power outages
the storm from the night before
perhaps they looked up
and saw
the first light breaking against the left over stormy sky
Untitled
Untitled
maybe they noticed the rest of the day
the glorious moody skies
one moment dark
the next glowing blindly
I told my hon as I dropped him at work
this could be the day I die
he asked 'why?'
I told him I don't think I'll be able to keep my eyes on the road
instead I pulled off
Untitled
over and over
Untitled
watching the play of sun and shadow
Untitled

Untitled
but the sweetest moment
was sitting warm
still
with a sandwich
perhaps the last lunch in the sun this year will allowUntitled
next to me fallen
a seed pod
lying there
fragile
broken
open
beautiful
a rock in the sun




No comments: