Wednesday, February 26, 2014

“Before you had the experience
you used to think you could speak of God
Once you have the experience of God
you can never say what you have experienced”
                               St Augustine
 This is the powerlessness and yet the deep inner power of true faith experience. 
Faith absolutely knows and yet it does not know at the very same time.
                               Richard Rohr
“How would you explain this saying?” 
and he replied, “I do not know.” 
Then Abba Anthony said, 
“Indeed, Abba Joseph has found the way, 
for he has said: “I do not know.” 
                              —Anthony the Great
DSC_0476
yesterday
fresh snow
darkness and sunshine
not knowing

without strength
to move
through a day

just sat
still
silent
staring

not seeing
tears leaking
not crying
just seeping
from some scary place DSC_0472
the place of alone
of smallness
of fearful
a place that I thought I knew
and could do
DSC_0485
but He draws me deeper
to Him
within Him
and tells me
to welcome
the scared
the weak
the little
Untitled
trust Him
need Him
know Him
He wants me to go there
He meets me
He holds me
He loves me

'Your love saved me
and will save me everyday....
for all eternity'







1 comment:

S. Etole said...

May the God of all comfort, comfort you.