Monday, February 10, 2014

...thy kingdom come...thy will be done

DSC_0109 - Version 2
we ask
we pray
we cry
we plea

I stomp my spiritual feet
and call the Almighty names
...as if I were a three year old...

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope 
in God
for I shall yet praise Him
The help of my countenance and my God.
        Psalm 42:11

and He steadies me with His tender touch
and gently whispers

'hush'

but Lord, why now
but Lord, now what
but Lord, how could You
Oh Lord, where were You
Oh Lord, where are You
oh Lord.......

'hush'

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
       Zephaniah 3:17

and the music sings around me

Oh how I long to see Your day of glory dawning
when you will wash away
every tear

Oh how long, how long will it take till the lion lie down with the lamb
till we turn our swords into plowshares
and peace like a river flows over the land

In your death You ended our dying
in Christ you brought us new life
Quickly come in glory oh Lord
and raise up your people to justice and light 

We who share the bread of this table
await the return of the Lord
may He find us faithful and true
watchful and ready to open the door

'hush'

and I see and feel and again begin 
to know 
His might
His touch
Untitled







No comments: