Sunday, October 1, 2023

The tears of dreams can be real enough to wet the pillow and the passions of them fierce enough to make the flesh burn.
           Whistling in the Dark Frederick Buechner

"Running scared in between what I hate
And what I need
Savior and enemy are both trying
To take my soul
And I can’t hide no more
Stumble out into the light
Raise my fists up to fight
Then I catch your eyes
So full of love
Lord, what have I done?
I cry at your feet, wounded for me
And all of the monsters and men
But here in your light
We can begin again." (from "Born Again" by Josh Garrels)




"Our lives vibrate between two darknesses. We hesitantly come forth out of the darkness of birth and slowly vanish into the darkness of death. We move from dust to dust, from unknown to unknown, from mystery to mystery.

We try to keep a vital balance on the thin rope that is stretched between two definitive endings we have never seen or understood. We are surrounded by the reality of the unseen, which fills every part of our life with a moment of terror but at the same time holds the secret mystery of our being alive." 

#HenriNouwen CREATIVE MINISTRY
www.henrinouwen.org


"Gone from mystery into mystery/Gone from daylight into night/Another step deeper into darkness/Closer to the light" 

No comments: