Friday, May 2, 2014

going home

going away
departing
leaving

going home

and me letting...go...

when really I am so afraid
of the unknown to which they go
will it be what we all have hoped it to be

I don't know
but there is nothing I can do
I must let go

there are a few things in my day
that give my moments meaning
and value to my ordinary life

things that cannot be quantified
things that are essentially invisible to all the world
known only by the One who searches hearts and minds

whispered words that bring a quick reticent smile
which some say isn't even possible
okay so maybe it's just the curl of the lips
fading back too soon into intense solemnity

the sharing of breath
that rises and falls and initiates a deep sigh
then steady yet again

the warmth of touch
something that never even enters consciousness
until it is felt in return pressed against another

the beat of the heart
an awareness never heard
but so evident when in silence holding
the head of someone little or oh so weary
to my chest

the presence not that only I can bring
but that I do
to wherever it is I find myself
standing holding comforting

a presence that isn't known
a presence that won't ever be recalled
a presence that might... never be forgotten

but I know...
I gave warmth
my hand held
my heart beat
my breath came
my presence
calmed and soothed and comforted
and blessed my ordinary day









No comments: